Saturday, June 11, 2011

♪ I like to move it, move it... ♫

Went to the beach today.  Applied very generous amounts of sunscreen multiple times and still burned.  Oh, how it hurts... ugh.  Not very interesting, I know, but just wanted to throw that out there.

Much more importantly, I found a roommate this week!!  She's freakin awesome and I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.  I hope so anyway... I'll be living with her for at least the next year.  She was the second of only two people to respond to my ad for a roommate.  The first was a guy who said, "i'm a little older than u wanted but i don't c why that matters."  I replied with, "I've always found it kind of awkward to live with someone when there's a big age difference.  If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"  To which he said, "i look 35 but act 40."  Thanks.  That really clarifies things.  So, yeah, very happy to have found a nice girl my age who I think will be a blast to live with.

Now we're working on finding a house.  We're second in line for the perfect one... 3 bed/2 bath with a big fenced yard, allows pets and is on the lower end of our price range!  Just hoping the people ahead of us who are house hunting this weekend decide to go with another one they see.  Even if we don't get it though, there's an absolute ton of good rentals around here, so I'm sure we'll find something.

My parents have been super nice about absolutely everything, but it's time to go.  When you've been out on your own for almost ten years and are used to doing things your own way, it's hard to move back home and be "under their roof" again.  It's been interesting, but I'm ready to be a grown-up again.  I'm ready to drink a glass of wine in my living room again too, instead of quietly in my room after they've retired for the evening.

2 comments:

  1. So excited you found a roommate! I seriously love mine... it's kind of nice having a good friend living with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news on the roomate hun!

    ReplyDelete