Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ups and Downs

I last wrote about four days ago, and it seems like so much has happened since then.  Thursday I had a very weird date.  The guy was super nice, but kinda strange.  The highlight of the evening was when a random kid ran right up to me and got a little fresh.  He couldn't have been more than two, so I didn't hold it against him.  He had down syndrome and the brightest blond hair I think I've ever seen.  He looked right in my eyes and gave me the biggest smile.  Then his older brother came to retrieve him and shot me a look like I was about to kidnap him or something.  I won't lie... I thought about it.

Anyways, I got all sad after the date and ended up calling the husband that night.  I just really wanted to hear his voice.  He's still the one who knows me the best, and I want to talk to him all the time.  The conversation was really short and awkward, but he was very nice about it.

Then Friday and Saturday nights were much needed girls nights.  Margaritas at El Cerro with some coworkers after work Friday, then The Hangover 2, dessert downtown and a long chat in the park with friends last night.  Had lunch with another friend, her husband and their new little baby boy today.  He screamed every time I touched him, but then he'd smile at me.  Broke and melted my heart one after the other.

This afternoon was the best part though.  I had a date with a guy who really seems to like me back.  Good conversation and he's cute as hell.  He sent me a text about five minutes after he left that said "That was really nice".  I hope this one wants to stick around for a date number two.

Tomorrow I start my photography class!!!  Don't remember if I've said anything about it before, but it's a beginners digital course one night a week for eight weeks over the summer.  I have to bring in samples of my previous "work" and hopefully I won't have to get up in front of the entire class and show everyone.  Here's a little collage of some of the pics I'm taking in.  I'm excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment