Monday, June 20, 2011

Irony

It's weird how life works.  For a year I was terrified to go back to work, and now work is the only place I want to be.  When I'm at work I have things to focus on, tasks to accomplish, lots of people to talk to.  I get to forget about life and be in a totally different mindset.  I feel confident and self-assured.  I don't have time to think about much else but what needs to be done.

But when I leave, my mind is free to think about other things.  Things I don't want to think about.  Things I thought I'd moved passed and gotten over.  Things I've actually only pushed down, tried to ignore and want to go away.  I used to love my alone time, but now I want to be constantly surrounded by people.  I need them to distract me.

I want to fast-forward a few months to a time when I hope I'll feel more at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment