Saturday, January 22, 2011

It gets to him too...

The husband has never really discussed how he's felt about us not being able to get pregnant yet.  He is always strong and reassuring, especially when I have my little breakdowns about it.  He knows it'll happen for us one day and he's excited for that day.

But it got to him yesterday.  He came home from work bummed out and said he wasn't really sure why.  He'd just had a blah day.  So we went out to dinner and came home to another mini Sopranos marathon.  In the middle of an episode where one lady thought she was pregnant he said, "Something pissed me off today."  So I paused the show and we started talking.  A guy he works with told him around Christmastime that he thought he and his wife would start trying for their second child soon.  Yesterday he announced, "Yep, she's pregnant."  Barely a month later.  He'd been debating about telling me because he didn't want to upset me.  I told him I always want to hear about what he's feeling.

He was sad.  It's happening so quickly for people all around us, and it's getting harder to deal with each announcement.  I never thought it really bothered him because he's never said much about it.  I think he's trying to stay strong for me.  He's such a wonderful man, and I want to make him a daddy so badly.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad he was able to open up to you about that. It probably made such a difference to know he feels what you feel too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I know that feeling very well and its not a fun one. But the good news is that you have someone that's in this battle at your side and he'll be so excited when you do get your BFP!

    ReplyDelete