Saturday, January 29, 2011

So you're a funny guy, huh?

The husband pulled the old rubber-band-on-the-kitchen-sink-sprayer joke on me last night.  He did it so well too.  I can't keep a straight face during a joke to save my life, so I'm always impressed when others can.  As I was walking into the kitchen he asked me to get him a glass of water.  I asked if he wanted ice.  No.  I asked if he wanted it from the jug in the fridge.  To this he also said no, which should have been a red flag because he always wants it so cold it hurts your teeth.  But no, I didn't catch on and actually double confirmed that he wanted it from the tap.  Yep.

So I grabbed a cup from the cabinet and moseyed over to the sink.  I was staring at an onion on the counter that has sprouted since bringing it home, pondering how long we've had it and didn't notice the bright purple rubber band wrapped around the sprayer nozzle.  The water came shooting out at me freezing cold, startling the complete mess out of me.  I screamed and jumped aside causing everything on the front of the fridge to get soaked.  Water was everywhere.

The husband came running in laughing but worried because of the shrill shriek he'd heard.  He thought I had slipped because that is definitely something I would do.  I threw the cup at him.  It's funny in hindsight, but I was only slightly amused at first.  More shocked because he doesn't do stuff like that very often.  Thanks, husband. ;)

So, I need ideas of what to do to reciprocate.  What to do??

2 comments:

  1. Saran wrap on the toilet seat? Although then you run the risk of having to clean it up! Hmmm. I'm not a practical joker so I'm no help. Although I have to say, that's pretty funny that he did that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We talked about doing that to our roommate! But then we decided not to because there's a very good chance that he wouldn't clean it up!

    ReplyDelete