Sunday, January 30, 2011

Aw, Shucks!

I woke up yesterday morning to a nice surprise.  I sat down at the computer and discovered I'd been nominated for my very first blogging award!  How awesome is that?  I'm pretty new to the whole blogging community... I started doing this in June of last year and didn't really think anyone would read it.  Many thanks to Oak at The Acorn Chronicles for the award!  She made my day!

Now, this being my first award, I had no idea what it meant.  Well, I did, but I wasn't sure what to do with it.  I wondered if I got to proudly display my award and write a post like hers.  I ended up stalking the other blogs she nominated and e-mailed her like a dork for further confirmation.  She was awesome and said that I do in fact get to, so....

Here's how this works:
1.  Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
2.  Share 7 things about yourself
3.  Award some recently discovered bloggers that are deserving
4.  Contact those bloggers and let them know about the award

So, about me...

1.  The husband and I first met on myspace almost four years ago, back when myspace was the thing.  I'd written a blog there about being single (in which I totally lied about how fine with it I was) and he stumbled across it and felt the need to comment.  Thank goodness he did or else I'd probably still be single.  He prefers to tell people that we met at the beach, which technically is where we first met in person.  Anyways, he's the perfect guy and totally gets me.  :)

2.  More than anything I want to become a mother.  I've known since I was a teenager that all I really wanted to do was fall head over heels in love with a wonderful man and have a family.  Well, I've fallen and now we're trying.  We're having some troubles, but we're staying positive that it'll happen for us soon.

 3.  I'm a Carolina Girl who finds herself now in Mississippi and will probably be moving to Tennessee soon.  This past summer was the hottest freakin one I've ever been through, yet we've had more snow so far this winter than I saw during the last few years back in NC.  I wish it were always autumn.

4.   I love 80s music.  I was born in '83 and was too young to appreciate it when it was actually going on, but during my early teenage years I rediscovered it.  I remember my mom listening to Bruce Hornsby & The Range all the time in the 80s and I'm still in love with them.  She also listened to Kenny G a lot, but I never shared in that particular liking with her.

5.  I'm trying to learn about photography.  I've been interested in it since high school but never pursued it.  I received a beautiful camera this past Christmas along with some books and have been reading all about it.  I'm really loving it so far!

6.  I first met my father a few years ago.  I was an only child growing up and lived with my mother and grandmother, then later the man that became my stepdad.  My mom never told me anything about my father and I was too nervous to ask again after she shot me down for info when I was younger.  I finally got the nerve and asked her again a few months before my wedding so I could try to find out about his family medical history.  I ended up tracking him down and found out I also have three siblings!  We don't really talk now, but I feel more complete knowing where my hazel eyes and the other half of me come from.

7.  This one's more about the blog, but anyway... Over the months I've mainly had visitors from my fertility charting site, but have discovered that people have stumbled upon it from other sources.  Some of those are from web searches.  One was from a search of "operate on my toe" which took that person to a story of an evil foot doctor who told me I probably shouldn't ever have children.  Although he was joking, he came off like a total prick and probably was in the other aspects of his life as well.  A more interesting search that brought someone here was "sek preggo doktor .com".  Now when I plugged those words into my search engine looking for a little translation (although it's pretty obvious what most of them mean) I wasn't too happy that my little blog popped up for this person.  It brought them to this post which they must have liked because it was repeatedly viewed for weeks.

And now for the nominations.  I only have a couple because I've been bad and have only been reading a few of my regular ones lately.  And most of those have been around for quite a while and are pretty established.  I guess I need to venture out some.
 
Scribbles and Giggles: A Mommy Blog is written by a chick named Tricia who started out as an online cycle buddy and is now a wonderful friend!  She is a great source of support on this TTC journey.  Love ya girl!

Kim at The Infertile Stepmom writes about TTC her first while helping to raise her husband's children from another marriage.  It's pretty inspiring.

I so wish I had more, but I'll work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment