Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's Definitely NASHVILLE!

It's official!  Well, 90% official I guess, and it happened in the span of about an hour this morning.  The husband likes to get big decisions like this made early, so he wanted to get a job secured now so we can start looking for a place to live.  He e-mailed the chef this morning and very politely asked if he would call the chef in Nashville at his earliest convenience to see about him working there.  Barely an hour later he got a reply.

"Done.  Just talked with him.  He will be expecting your call and I'll pass on his contact info when I get home."

Just like that!  How freakin fantastic!!  He hasn't gotten the contact information yet so he hasn't been able to talk to the chef just yet, but we're hoping it's pretty much a done deal.  We're both so excited!

And now it's my job to find a house.  He's been hounding me to look for one for weeks, and duh, of course I have been because I love house hunting!  Really no sarcasm there... this will be our fourth move (his fifth actually) in the past four years, and the house hunting is my absolute favorite part.  Looking at all sorts of properties until you find the perfect one... I love it!

Anyways, I found this little number about ten minutes out of town...


It's a 2 bed, 2.5 bath, 1350 square foot condo with a fenced patio that is right in our price range.  There's a fireplace and a decent sized kitchen and each bedroom has a little balcony.  We're still leaning more towards a stand alone house, but look at this thing!  It's so freakin lively and bright!


It's bigger than what we're in now and much cheaper.  There's not much I've seen actually in Nashville that is anywhere near this nice for this price.  I wasn't sure what the husband would think of it, especially because it has so much...



... pink!

He really liked it though, but did ask if we would be allowed to paint.  You can definitely tell it was designed for a girly girl.  I mean, a chandelier in the closet?  Together it all does seem over the top, but it definitely calls out to my inner princess.

I'm sure it'll be gone by the time we're ready to lay some moo-lah down for a deposit somewhere, but I wanted to share it.  It definitely wouldn't be a place to settle down in, but it would be cool to live there for awhile until we decide if we'd like to look for a more permanent residence in the area or move on to another town.  I hope there's this good of a deal around come May.

There's probably going to be a few more posts like these between now and then. :)

1 comment: