Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Stop, halt, cease, desist...

So I just re-read my last post and geez... paranoid much?  Every now and then I'll have a day like that and stress over every little thing.  Yesterday was just one of those days I guess.  It's over now.  I know I'm ready to do whatever is necessary to have a baby and start our family.  That is what I want with all my heart.  Be it through Clomid, laparoscopy, or whatever else, I'm ready for it.  We've waited long enough and the timing feels right.  I'm feeling hopeful again.

Apparently I took my last anti-depressant pills last night.  My appointment went very well today, except that it took a few tries to get a sample for the blood work... ouch!  I met with the doctor and went through all the routine questions, then together we decided it's okay for me to stop cold turkey.  So I'm done!  I have to go back in two weeks just for a follow up visit, but I'm done with the meds.  There's a mandatory 30-day period that I agreed not to get pregnant in, and after that we're free to try again!

I've decided to keep taking the birth control pills for a few more days or so for totally selfish reasons.  Exactly one month from today is my birthday, and the husband and I are meeting up with the in-laws in Nashville to celebrate my and their February birthdays.  As a gift, the in-laws have gotten us a room in a very nice hotel, and that is right about the time AF would be arriving again if I stopped the birth control today.  I'd like to enjoy that hotel room (wink, wink) so I'll wait a bit longer and try to time it so AF doesn't spoil the big 2-8.  You know what they say about the best laid plans though, and we all know AF will do whatever the hell she feels like.  Just keep your fingers crossed for me please... haha.  Seriously though, I'd appreciate it.


***I deleted the post referenced in the first paragraph because I got a little embarrassed when I read it again.  It was mainly me just sorting through some thoughts about starting TTC again, possibly taking Clomid, and the endo.  I figured I would save people from having to read that novel and then thinking "What the hell is wrong with her?".***

1 comment:

  1. Hey, we all have those posts we look back on and think "What the heck was I thinking?!?" Don't be too hard on yourself lady! :)

    ReplyDelete