Friday, January 21, 2011

Slow Week

I may have spoken too soon.  The husband hasn't been able to contact the chef in Nashville because his boss still hasn't given him the info.  But he did come into the restaurant yesterday and told him about their conversation.  Apparently the chef in Nashville said he wasn't sure if he'll have an opening in May, but if he doesn't he'll help him get a job at another restaurant in town.  He also offered to help us find a place to live... how nice!

So the husband is bummed that the job isn't secured and freaking out a little because that's the place he really wants to work.  It's very similar to the kind of restaurant he hopes to open one day, and he thinks he'd be able to learn a lot there.  I'm so hoping it works out for him.  I don't like a worried husband!

Not much going on this week on my end.  I've been very happily exploring my new obsession and learning about my new camera and photography.  My other obsession of looking at houses online dominates a good portion of my day... even though none of those places will be available in four months.  Why do I do it?  I was strangely happy when AF arrived even though I had no reason to think she wouldn't.  I guess it's a good feeling knowing my body is working somewhat correctly.  It snowed again last night for a couple of hours and was pretty.

I think the highlight of the week has been the two nights in a row of red wine.  It makes me happy.  We haven't been getting any of it lately because mid-twenties boys like beer, and that's what they've been buying. It's nice to have a glass or two (or three) of wine and feel like an adult again.

No comments:

Post a Comment