Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Decade Late

Last night was relatively tame compared to my past two Saturdays.  I didn't kiss anyone, I didn't get groped or feel anyone else up.  Yet, I kinda wish something had happened.  Is it wrong to want physical interaction with someone of the opposite sex without a commitment?  I keep going back and forth with myself on this topic.  Ideally, I would like the commitment, but I'm not sure I can do that right now.  Emotionally I just don't think I could really open up to someone else just yet.

I waited 24 years to be physically intimate with someone and I feel I've barely tapped into what all it could be.  As ridiculous as it sounds, I want to have my own sexual revolution.  I want to be able to let go, relax and let myself feel okay with it.  So, is it okay to pursue something like that?  Is that something I could let myself do?

I've never really had that mindset.  I've always believed in the "traditional" route.  But that didn't work.  Times changed a long time ago, but I'm still mainly of the old thinking.  Can I try something different and still be true to who I am?  Would I turn into someone who I don't respect, and at what point would that be?

I feel so stupid to be going through this at 28... shouldn't this have happened something like ten or so years ago?

1 comment:

  1. Better late than never... And as far as I'm concerned, maybe even better late than as a teenager who has no idea what she's doing. I say embrace it lady! Enjoy this next stage for whatever it's worth!

    ReplyDelete