Monday, July 25, 2011

Upgrade?

Am I behind the times technologically too?  Yes, I can be a bit of an internet addict, but I'm one of the few people I know who doesn't access the internet on their phone.  When we were at the ball game, the three friends I went with were constantly checking their email and Facebook accounts.  I think they saw more of those than the actual game.  There was a fireworks display right after, and a couple of minutes into it I looked around at them.  Every single one was watching through the camera lenses on their phones, trying to capture it all instead of actually watching and enjoying it in the moment.  I thought that was kinda sad.

That said, I need a new phone and I'm debating about getting a stupid smart phone.  You know, to be one of the cool kids.  But, I can't really afford an extra data plan right now, and would I use it anyway?  I'm already paying for internet at home... do I really need it on my phone too?  It would be nice to be able to check emails and messages all the time, but are they really so important that they can't wait a few hours until I get home?

Why is a data plan required to buy a stinkin smart phone anyway?  Why can't I have the option to just get it later if I want?  What happens if I buy a non-smart phone, then decide I want internet a few months down the road, but can't get it until I'm eligible for another upgrade or can fork out the big bucks?

Grrrr...

**Update... I broke down and got an iPhone this evening... I feel so defeated.  But I needed one that actually worked, so it's okay ;)

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you will regret the iphone purchase, but you will DEFINITELY find yourself good and addicted! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I am already good and addicted to this thing for sure!

    ReplyDelete