Sunday, July 3, 2011

I Have Internet!

I feel like I'm back amongst the living or something.  I'm one of the very few people left who don't access the interwebz (as my roommate calls it) on their phones.  After a long battle with the wiring in the house, the technician was finally able to get us connected and the new modem resides by the front door.  Whatever works.

The move went pretty smoothly.  It was insanely hot, and I did pretty much all of it by myself, but some wonderful, wonderful coworkers came at the end of the day to help with the really big furniture.  I'd be rolling things down the highway if not for them.

My roommate truly is freakin awesome, and I think I'm in love with her in that new best friend kind of way.  I'm almost totally unpacked and it's starting to feel like home.  My bathroom rocks.

My puppy is taking full advantage of our huuuggge fenced in back yard and has even made friends with the dog next door.  My cat has taken a little longer to come around, but he's finally stopped cussing out the dog and the roommate's cats.  It's progress.

I finally slept halfway decently last night for the first time in weeks.  I think I'm feeling more able to relax a little now.  The new shower head has helped with that too.  You gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

And on that note... happy fourth... well, tomorrow.


;)

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I am reading excitment and happiness in your words, and that honestly makes ME so excited and happy for you! Having a new roommate and a fresh start is such a wonderful thing! I'm hoping it all turns out to be exactly the change you need!

    ReplyDelete