Saturday, July 23, 2011

Take me out to the ball game...

Went to my first baseball game today... minor league.  I pulled for the visiting team because the boys were cuter and warmed up about thirty feet away from us.  I may have swooned a little in my seat.



Who knew you had to get dolled up to go to a freakin baseball game if you're single?  Both my roommate and a coworker demanded I dress nicely because there would be boys and lots of pictures.  When we got there I felt like everyone was staring at me because I was waaay over dressed and looked like I was on the prowl.  It wasn't a good feeling.  I didn't feel like me.

My anxiety kicked in, and I couldn't relax.  I was terrified as I ordered a hot dog, as we walked to our seats and throughout pretty much the whole game.  Then I got sad as I saw all the younger couples with their kids.  I kept thinking how I wished it was me.

Also found out today I look old.  As the four of us were pointed towards our seats, the guy asked if I would be keeping all the younger ones out of trouble.  Yeah...

To end this on a good note though, I made a kick-ass tiramisu for my roommate's birthday.  Never made one before and it rocked.  Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment