Saturday, August 6, 2011

Emotional Rollercoaster Much?

I went from tears of defeat to ones from hysterical laughing yesterday.  Over and over again it seemed.  I was on the phone with a client trying to make an appointment, but she kept talking to kids in the background... "Just a minute!", "Tinkerbell or Jasmine?", etc.  After awhile she laughed it off with, "Two and a half year-olds, ya know?"

No, I don't know.

And done.  Lost it at work.  Ugh.  My boss hasn't been helping either.  I love her to death and I know she means well, but it's wearing me down.  She had a hysterectomy a few years ago because of endo, but she never wanted kids.  I've been having a lot of pain lately, and she keeps saying things to the effect of, "Girl, I know you want kids, but you need to get all that stuff taken out!"  And whenever any unruly children come in, it's "You sure you want some of them?"  Every day.

Later though it lightened up some.  We got a new dry erase board to write specials and such on, and she walked me through the steps of drawing a cartoon dog.  I've never been able to draw well.  It looked really terrible.  A coworker came up and teasingly, but dead-seriously said, "You need to take that down before someone walks in."  And done again.  Could not stop laughing.  Several others took turns at drawing a cuter dog, but they mostly looked like cows.  Named Betsy.

It's the little things in life, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment