Thursday, August 11, 2011

I almost wish she was a boy...

I know this is getting old, but can I just say again how much I love my roommate?!  She's got a new job now where she's gone for 3-4-5 days at a time, and her latest shift started early this morning.  I miss her already, haha.

This afternoon she texts me from a bench where she's basically sitting outside a classroom for four hours while someone she's supervising takes the class inside.  She's not allowed to leave.  She just has to sit there.  So she texts me about an hour before I get off of work saying she's bored out of her mind and is about to fall asleep.  This chick is obsessed with some Starbucks, so after work I got her a grande of her favorite beverage and hung out with her for the remaining three hours of waiting time.  We had the absolute best conversation yet.

I love how this roommate situation turned into an instant new best friend situation too.  We've got the same viewpoints on almost every topic imaginable and have the best "fights".   Who's going to do the dishes... neither of us wants the other person to because she cooked or did them all yesterday.  How one took out the trash/recycling when the other said that she would.  How she's not going to pay a larger percentage of the bills just because she makes more money than I do.  I'm going to pay for your Starbucks!  No, I'm going to pay for your Starbucks!

I got extremely lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment