Thursday, August 25, 2011

Last Night

I had just reheated some pancakes and poured a glass of wine (not a weird combo at all!) for dinner when the roommate called inviting me out for a meal.  I'd already secluded myself once yesterday, so I figured I should accept this invitation with her and some of her friends.  I'm glad I did.  They're all disc golf junkies, and for some reason I love hearing them talk about it.  It's like a brand new world I'm just now discovering, although I don't have much of an interest in playing a whole lot.  But it's fun to listen to them talk about all the different aspects of it.

At one point I told them that, and I got this in response from one guy:  "We're just hippies who like to drink, smoke and throw discs at things."  My roommate then added that I fit right in, and I agreed.  Other than the smoking part.  And the throwing things part... well, sometimes.  But I am a hippie at heart and do enjoy the occasional drink or two.  Or three.  You know.

No comments:

Post a Comment