Wednesday, August 24, 2011

♪ I feel the earth move under my feet ♫

I felt the ground shake yesterday, as did a lot of people apparently.  I was sitting at work and felt a slight rattling.  At first I thought it was just a big truck driving by or a helicopter passing a little too closely overhead, but then it got stronger and just kept going.  All the shelves started shaking as did the really big file cabinet right behind me.  Then it was over, and we were looking around asking, "What the hell was that?"   Never experienced an earthquake before.  And there's a big hurricane aiming for us and arriving this weekend.  Interesting weather week.

Feeling a little better emotionally.  I guess I just need a little breakdown every now and again to let out all that builds up.  Sometimes the enormity of it all slams into me and I can't ignore it anymore, as hard as I try.  I keep trying to minimize it in my mind, but this is still a really big thing.  I keep thinking I should be getting over it, but it's still only been a few months.  It really is just going to take time.  I still don't get how he moved on so quickly.  I wonder if he really has, or if he's going through the same feelings I am even though he is with someone else.

Stupid boys.  I'm tired of trying to figure them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment