Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What a freakin long-ass day...

Ladder yoga, a search through the woods and a really bad semi-date.

We're painting at work.  Some spots are less than easily accessible, so I did a lot of "yoga poses" on the ladder trying to reach said spots.  I'm the tallest of our little bunch, so I got to do this pretty much all by myself.  We've been painting during our down time for a couple of weeks now, and I'm happy to say that we're almost done.  The walls are mostly the shade of yellow you can see behind this beautiful new piece of artwork we just acquired.  It's actually a picture I took of my adorable puppy blown up huge for all who enter to see.  The manager is a photographer, so she's been excited about us all getting our pets up on the walls.


So I'm painting this afternoon when a client comes in to pick up her three cats that we bathed today.  So yeah, I'm painting, and the girls are helping her out to her car.  Next thing I know, they've taken off running.  That's never a good sign outside at work.  Apparently the majorly overweight cat's (appropriately named Big Boy) carrier broke, and he got loose.  Luckily he didn't head for the road.  Instead, he headed for the woods.  So that meant we did too.  We were in the woods for about half an hour before we finally caught him.  Thank goodness.  I sat down in the back yard afterward to try to catch my breath, but no.  I discovered a thousand tiny seed ticks crawling all over me.  The only spare pair of scrubs in the entire building were about a size four, which I am most definitely not.  Sigh.  I stripped down and changed into the mini clothes and went home for the remaining hour of the work day.  I don't think I've ever scrubbed my skin so hard as after all that.

Thennnnn, I had to get ready for a date/hang out thing with a guy I went to school with who is now home on leave from the Army.  We decided on dinner and drinks, but didn't officially name it a date or anything.  It was more of a catching up thing, I guess, since we hadn't seen each other in several years.  Whatever it was, it was pretty awful.  He told boring stories and I pretended to be interested as he drew them out.  When a silence fell I asked him questions about life and such, so he talked a lot.  I don't think he asked one question about me and my life all night.  I ended it early and almost killed us as I accidentally put the back half of my car into the really deep ditch on the side of his narrow driveway.  It was dark.  I didn't see it.  All was fine, but I had a little heart attack there.  I said goodnight as he hesitated taking off his seat belt, looking like he wanted to kiss me or something.  Really?!?  We just had that awkward of a night, and he thinks I'm kissing him?  Huh-uh.

Goodnight world.

No comments:

Post a Comment