Thursday, April 14, 2011

Another Day Down

I actually felt okay today.  I'm almost done packing my half of the household and could probably drive back tomorrow, but I want another day with my puppies.  The husband's going to take the oldest one, and I'll get the youngest (and our cat who's already back in NC).  Luckily he's able to keep both dogs until I get a place.

He wants us to go down to the courthouse tomorrow to start the paperwork.  I asked if he'd like to go to dinner afterward to kinda be able to say goodbye and get some closure, if possible.  He agreed.  I keep picturing it as some profound moment like you'd see at the end of a terribly romantic movie where the characters have been through a lot but realize that even though they love each other, they're just not right together and have to go their separate ways.  It probably won't go down like that, but I'm hoping to walk away feeling at peace with it all, or at least halfway out of heartsick.  We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping you get that closure you're looking for friend. You deserve at least that...

    ReplyDelete