Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Friendly Stranger

I used to live in a little duplex here a few years ago.  Down the street from that duplex lives an older gentleman who's out in his yard a lot and likes to wave as people drive by.  I used to wave back every time I drove down the road and would always get a smile from him.  I saw him once at a grocery store and almost said hello, but I thought that might be weird.

My parents live a few blocks away from where I used to, and that gentleman's house is along the route to their place too.  It's been a reflex to glance at his yard each time I approach it, and for the first time since I've been back I saw him out there today.  I was very happy to get to smile and wave to him again.  It's been a couple of years, but I think he remembered me.  He pointed at me and had a look of "Hey!  I recognize you and your car!"  Then he smiled and waved back.

I don't know why, but that really made my day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment