Saturday, April 30, 2011

I feel like a kid...

My parents went out shopping this morning, and I have the house all to myself.  My stepdad has been sick for a long time and very rarely goes out anyplace.  It was like that when I was younger (well, a teenager) too and I always felt so independent when they would go somewhere and leave me home.  It wasn't very often, so I always took advantage of it.  They were never gone more than an hour or two, so it's not like I could throw a party or anything.  I honestly don't remember what I would do, but I got that same little rush when they left today.

How old am I?  And I'm excited to be left home alone?  I was alone a lot in Mississippi and couldn't wait until the husband or roommate would get off of work.  It's funny how things change.

My mom said that my stepdad is very happy that I'm staying with them.  Mom said she is too and is thankful that I'll be living here throughout the summer to help keep an eye on him.  She worries about him a lot, and so do I.  He's got heart trouble, lung trouble and an inoperable hernia in his chest.  He seems depressed a lot and I'm trying my damnedest to help keep him cheery throughout the day.   I guess things really do happen for a reason.  I'm starting to see that in this situation more and more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment